Casa Madero has a winery and vineyards with a 400 hundred years old tradition, the oldest in the entire American Continent.
On August 19, 1597, King Philip II of Spain granted Don Lorenzo García a land grant in the Valley of Santa María de las Parras (Holy Mary of the Vines), for the dedicated purpose of planting vineyards and producing wine and brandy. The valley was named after the wild native vines found there at the time of its discovery by Spanish priests and Conquistadors.
Successful from the beginning, over the centuries, it changed hands several times, until it was eventually purchased by the French; however, in the fourth quarter of the last century it was acquired in Paris by Don Evaristo Madero, grandfather of the famous Mexican President Madero.
The vineyards and winery are located four miles north of the present town of Parras, in the northeastern Mexican State of Coahuila.
Austria, China, France, Italy, Korea, Republic of, Poland, Russia, Sweden