Daniel-Etienne Defaix is of the most ancient estates in Chablis from 1610. 26 hectares on a typical « kimméridgien » soil produce Chablis Vieilles, 3 Premier Cru : Les Lys, Vaillon & Côte de Léchet and 2 Grand Cru : Blanchot & Grenouilles.
Our Style is special and needs a lot of secrets and attentions:
- Harvest at good maturity.
- Slow pressuring for keeping only the best.
-18 hours or static raking.
- 3 weeks of alcoholic fermentation with natural yeast at 18°C to preserve the natural glycerol and floral aspect.
- Malolactic fermentation 100%.
- Bâtonnage on fine lies during 12 to 36 months, without Sulphite, only with carbonic gas kept from the malolactic fermentation.
Wines are kept between 6 or 12 months in our winehouse before selling.
Chablis is 2 years old and Premiers crus are between 6 to 8 years old.
we sells 50 % in export and 50% in France with 500 restaurants(Star Michelin, Relais & Châteaux, Châteaux & Hôtels de France), wine-retailers and particulars.
Chablis 1er Cru Les Lys
Chablis 1er Cru Côte de Léchet
Chablis 1er Cru Vaillon
Chablis Grand Cru Blanchot
Chablis Grand Cru Grenouilles