Built in 1890 the magnificent blue stone Chateau Tanunda is a truly awe-inspiring place to visit – just a short walk from Tanunda village in the heart of the Barossa Valley and only an hour and fifteen minutes drive from the centre of Adelaide.
Bought by the Geber family in 1998 the Chateau, an icon of the valley, has been carefully and tastefully restored. It reopened to the public in 2001 and now offers a Cellar Door, elegant and atmospheric Function and Events areas catering for 14 - 450+ people, international standard croquet green and cricket oval, as well as continuing to be a key wine facility. Future plans include development of high quality boutique accommodation.
The Cellar Door, housed amongst hundreds of barrels of maturing wine, offers fine Chateau wines and the Barossa Small Winemakers Centre.
Taste premium wines, play croquet or simply take in spectacular views of the Barossa Ranges while absorbing the history surrounding this magnificent property.