Collioure and Banyuls
Sprouting literally out of the rock, Grenache is the king of grapes in this part of the world. This grape variety gives magnificent expression to the soil and microclimate that make up this unique “terroir”.
Tended by the growers with skill and loving care, it yields richly powerful, elegant wines of rare excellence.
An emblematic grape variety
• More than 300 days of sunshine a year
• Frequent tramontane (dry North wind).
• Rare but torrential rainfall.
• These weather conditions enable the growers to limit the number of sprayings to 3 or 4 a year, and so help to preserve the environment.
• Cambrian schist – Primary era
• Terraced vines which have to be tended by traditional, entirely manual, means.
• Grapes handpicked.
Wine: Banyuls AOC
Collioure AOC Spirits: Marc de Banyuls, Vinegar
France: Languedoc Roussillon
Banyuls, Banyuls Grand Cru, Collioure
France, United States, Germany, BENELUX, Japan, Switzerland
Distributors with greater exposure and presence in the above markets
Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Korea, Republic of, Scotland, United Kingdom, United States