The company was founded in 1851 by Sir Auguste de Muller and Ruinart de Brimont, a member of a well-known Alsacian wine-growers family. In June 1995, De Muller S.A. was bought by the Martorell family and moved their installations in a new cellar surrounded by 150 hectares of own vineyards in the property known as “Mas de Valls” in Reus (Tarragona). Modern elaboration equipment and barrels of American and French oak as well as oak from other origins, constitute part of the cellar ; the installations have a capacity of four million litres and they produce the Tarragona DO wines.
In the village known as El Molar, in Priorat, “Mas de les Pusses” is located with 34 hectares of vineyards and a new cellar with a capacity of 500.000L where are elaborated our delicious wines of Priorat DOQ.
At present time, De Muller offers a very wide range of quality wines under the Denominations of origin “Tarragona” and “Priorat” which is responsible of our fame through the world.