The hearth of Tuscany, southern Chianti Classico, Siena’s hillcountry, and the Etruscan hamlet of Vagliagli, are home to the 411 hectares fenced private Dievole estate.
The first documented vintage in Dievole dates 1090. The old name of Dievole was “Dieulele”, that means the “Valley of God”. Around 1890 the name changed in “Dievole” because of the evolution from latin to Italian.
Our Vineyards cover an extention of 85 hectares, 60 of which are used for Chianti Classico and 25 for the IGT wines. The Company also owns 20 hectares of olive – groves.
The most part of our vineyards is represented from Sangiovese (80%), a 10% is represented from Tuscan native grapes and a further 10% is represented from grapes which are used to produce international wines, such as the Cabernet, the Merlot and the Petit Verdot.
Our annual production is about 550.000 bottles. We sell 750.000 bottles/year, 65% of which in export (in particular in USA) and 35% in Italy.